Orientation Session for 24Hour Generator Team Sponsors
We are planning to do an orientation session at Huntsville West (3001 9th Avenue SW, Huntsville, AL 35805) next Tuesday March 1st from 4:30pm until 6:00pm.
The purpose of the Reverse Pitch Orientation is to ensure that all reverse pitchers understand what role they are to play in the event and are prepared to do so. The orientation will cover three things:
- An overview of the event and how it will work
- An explanation of the CO.STARTERS Canvas and how teams will use it
- Developing & practicing the reverse pitches
Unlike a normal pitch that provides a solution to a problem, a reverse pitch provides a problem and asks others to come up with a solution. Reverse pitchers will provide their assigned teams with a problem to address, using the first three boxes of the CO.STARTERS Canvas as a guide. Each reverse pitcher will develop a “Customer Portrait” during the orientation and use it to describe their ideal customer, the problem the customer has, and the alternative solutions to the problem.
We are looking for non-marketing problems, i.e. problems that are not solvable by a marketing campaign of any type. You should also prepare to share any restrictions or limitations that you might want placed on solutions in order to get something useful for your organization.
Below are some examples of good pitches:
- A film festival trying to help their customers find a better way to decide what to see out of numerous offerings when there is little information available on the films online
- An expensive online shoe company trying to find a way to let their customers experience their product without having to make the full purchase
- An organization who serves people struggling with cancer that wants to connect their customers with cancer survivors for more in-depth support